Dr. Doni has created this package to include the nutrients and supplements she recommends to her patients who are planning to get pregnant, are already pregnant, and/or are breast feeding a newborn. With over 15 years of experience helping women with pregnancy, birth, and breast feeding, Dr. Doni recommends that women always choose a prenatal vitamin that contain methylfolate, and to also take 5 mg of 5MTHF starting from two months prior to conceiving (whenever possible) all the way through pregnancy and postpartum. Then Dr. Doni also recommends a high quality probiotic that is intended or womens bodies, a prenatal omega 3 product, and bone support (calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and K). Please find a summary list of what is in the package below followed by detailed listing of the ingredients in each product.
What is not in the package?
- Many women who are working on getting pregnant need progesterone cream - if that may be the case for you, you can find progesterone cream in the store here and if you need help with how to use it, contact us for an appointment with Dr. Doni.
- Personal Dosing Instructions. Each individual is different and personal dosing cannot be determined without consultation with Dr. Doni.
What is in the package:
- Thorne - Basic Prenatal
- Thorne - Methyl-Guard Plus
- Thorne - Vit D 5000 iu
- Klaire - Women's Probiotic
- Nordic - Naturals Prenatal DHA
- Thorne - Basic Bone Nutrients
Basic Prenatal, 90 Capsules by Thorne Research (may also be taken by nursing mothers)
Three Capsules Contain:
- Vitamin A (3,000 IU from Mixed Carotenes and 2,000 IU as Palmitate) 5,000 IU.
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 150 mg.
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) 1,000 IU.
- Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl) 50 IU.
- Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1) 100 mcg.
- Thiamine (as Thiamine HCl) 4 mg.
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate) 3.6 mg.
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) 30 mg.
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 10 mg.
- Folate (500 mcg as Calcium Folinate and 500 mcg as 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate) 1,000 mcg.
- Vitamin B12 (100 mcg as Adenosylcobalamin and 100 mcg as Methylcobalamin) 200 mcg.
- Biotin 50 mcg.
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Panothenate) 16 mg.
- Calcium (as Calcium Citrate-Malate) 200 mg.
- Iron (as Iron Picolinate) 45 mg.
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 150 mcg.
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate-Malate) 100 mg.
- Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate) 25 mg.
- Selenium (as Selenium Picolinate) 50 mcg.
- Copper (as Copper Picolinate) 2 mg.
- Manganese (as Manganese Picolinate) 5 mg.
- Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 100 mcg.
- Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Picolinate) 50 mcg.
- Boron (as Boron Picolinate) 1 mg.
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule. May contain one or more of the following hypoallergenic ingredients to fill space ÃƒÂ± Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.
Methyl-Guard Plus, 90 vcaps by Thorne Research
Three Capsules Contain:
Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 90 mg
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 45 mg
Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 3 mg
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 3 mg
Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 1,800 mg
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Calcium Citrate, Calcium Laurate.
Vitamin D 5000, 60 capsules
It is essential to maintain healthy vitamin D levels throughout all stages of life, from fetal development to old age. Vitamin D helps protect a number of important functions in the body. The current recommended daily vitamin D intake of 400 IUs is based on the minimum allowance to protect against bone disease. However, an upward revision of the FDA's guideline is now under consideration in light of new research, especially pertaining to immune function. Cutting-edge research suggests serum vitamin D levels should be in the range of 32-80 ng/mL 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D). Although direct sunlight exposure is a good source of vitamin D, many people do not get enough sun due to season change, latitude, or lifestyle. Therefore, vitamin D supplementation can be of great benefit in these cases.
Vitamin D deficiency is quite common, particularly among the elderly. For example, a study conducted at a hospital in Glasgow, Scotland, found an almost universal vitamin D deficiency among a group of 548 elderly patients. Individuals deficient in vitamin D may need 5,000-10,000 IU of vitamin D daily to replenish tissue stores. With these individuals specifically in mind, Thorne's D-5,000 supplies 5,000 IU of pure vitamin D3 in each vegetarian capsule.
Some vitamins, because of their potency, are usually given in very small amounts. Examples of such "micro-dose" vitamins include vitamin D, vitamin K, and vitamin B12. Most dietary supplement manufacturers purchase "micro-dose" vitamins from raw material suppliers as premixed dilutions, meaning the vitamins (in powder form) are mixed with other powdered substances that in turn make it easier for the manufacturer to handle and mix a larger quantity of raw material. Unfortunately, the powdered substances used in these premixed dilutions frequently contain potentially detrimental ingredients such as lactose and also the preservatives BHT, BHA, sodium benzoate, and sorbic acid.
At Thorne Research, our promise is to give you the purest supplements humanly possible. Therefore, we do not purchase premixed dilutions of any "micro-dose" vitamins. Instead, we purchase pure, undiluted vitamins and create our own dilutions when it is necessary to do so, using pure, hypoallergenic powders, such as magnesium citrate or plant cellulose. The resultant premixture is then added to the dietary supplement being made, ensuring the proper amount of each pure nutrient is contained in each capsule.
One Capsule Contains:
Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) 5,000 IU
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide, Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols).
Ther-Biotic Women's Formula 60 vcaps by Klaire Labs
Supplement Facts: Serving Size 1 Capsule
Amount Per Capsule % Daily Value
- Probiotic Blend (25+ billion CFUs) 145 mg *
- Lactobacillus species 20+ billion CFUs *
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus brevis
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Lactobacillus gasseri
- Lactobacillus casei
- Lactobacillus salivarius
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Bifidobacterium species
- 5+ billion CFUs *
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Bifidobacterium breve
- Bifidobacterium longum
- * Daily value not established
Other Ingredients: Inulin base derived from chicory root, vegetarian capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, water), InTactic® proprietary polysaccharide complex, and L-leucine.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Prenatal DHA 500mg 90 gels by Nordic Naturals
Serving Size: 2 Soft Gels Servings per container: 45
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 9
- Calories from fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 400 I.U.
- Total Omega-3s 580 mg
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 90 mg
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 450 mg
- Other Omega-3s 40 mg
- Oleic Acid (Omega-9) 24 mg
- Less than 5 mg of Cholesterol per serving.
Ingredients: purified deep sea fish oil (from anchovies and sardines), soft gel capsule (gelatin, water, glycerin), d-alpha tocopherol, vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol in olive oil). No gluten, milk derivatives, or artificial colors or flavors.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight Do not take if tamper-evident seal is broken or missing. Keep out of the reach of children
Warning: Consult with your physician before using this product if you are allergic to iodine, use blood thinners, or anticipate surgery.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Basic Bone Nutrients 120 capsules by Thorne
Servings Size 1 capsules
Servings Per Container 120
- AMT DV
- Vitamin D3 500 IU 63%
- Vitamin K (as K2 (MK-7)) 45 mcg 38%
- Calcium (as DiCalcium Malate) 200 mg 15%
- Magnesium (as DiMagnesium Malate) 500 mg 12%
* = Daily Value Based on a standard 2,000 calorie daily intake
** = Daily Value Not Established
Suggested Use: 1 capsules one to four times daily.
Calcium Laurate, Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule
Does not contain
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients. Pregnancy: If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product. Interactions: As Vitamin K interferes with the effect of anticoagulant drugs (like Coumadin), the concurrent use of these agents should be avoided.